Monday, March 17, 2008

Pillars of Indian constitution

A small digression from the earlier post on the different ideologies. Lately I have being doing a lot reading on the various fundamental aspects of Indian constitution, this is mainly inspired by my quest to understand the very stratum of the Indian constitution.

As many might know I pursue a doctorate degree and one should not misunderstand that doctorate degree is a kind of advanced research on a particular topic rather it is during this time the doctorate student revisits the fundamental question which many of us take for granted. In the due course of this enlightenment it might so happen there might be a new path in solving a problem and with this people earn there degree (hopefully).

I made this anecdote to justify my quest to understand the fundamental pillars of the Indian society. It is based on this learning ; I write my below observations.

Many of us would have underwent a not so rigorous course on civics in the early part of their school days. In this many would have learnt that Indian government is based on three pillars namely the executive, legislature and the Judiciary. I learnt this in my class too but never thought about its respective functions for I wasn't aware of its importance. But once after the time I was interested in pursuing my carrier in civil services I pondered over these topics and asked the question which seemed very fundamental to me, like what are functions of a MLA, an IAS officer, a local councillor and ofcourse the MP. (Though I didn't walk in the direction of the civil service which is a totally different topic :D )

Legislature: One who enacts the law.
Executive: One who implements the law.
Judiciary: One who upholds the law.

Now, for example an IAS officer comes under the executive thus his functions are to implement the law enacted in the assembly, like say, our MLA (a legislator) says Jodha Akbar should not be screened, then the IAS with his coterie maintains it. If in case the theatre owner doesn't follow the rules one can get an order from the court (namely the Judiciary) and the law takes its due course.

The beauty of this model is no one is the boss, ideally they have their own boundaries and each is not allowed to encroach upon one another. These three equally powerful pillars is the most fundamental aspect of the Indian constitution. It is because of these three powerful structure(rather division of powers) India is still a democratic country unlike other countries in the Indian sub-continent which are either anarchic or oligarchic. So in summary, we are greatly indebted to the intellectuals who wrote the Constitution.

2 comments:

sd said...

This is a good revision to many of us who just studied these things in high school and never really knew this inherent essence of the constitution.

Dipak said...

Kind Attention
Your honour,
We got Married 05/03/2002, and have a daughter born 09/07/2005. My wife and she’s family given me 498a/34 IPC, FIR NO.276, date 31/08/2009, P.S.: BAGUIATI, it’s not true case, believe me. My wife are engaged/Affair with a boy (Sandip Samanta, S/O. Shankar Kumar Samanta S.B.I. Manager) his house front of my house, all the matters are know every person in my village, and also they given me written about my character. When my wife goes outside form my house near about many vory gold and cash 1.20 lack Indian rupees taken. Not taken my daughter, daughter is now in my house. My wife doing the 498a case’s date 31/08/2009 and I arrest 06/09/2009, court give me bail at 19/09/2009 my 1st court date is 16/10/2009 done. 2nd court date is 04/01/2010 done. Next court date is 07/07/2010 at Barasat court. Some proof (20 pcs. s.m.s., picture with the boy and a c.d.) has me about my wife and the boy that they are in illegal relation. Believe me I and my family love much more to my wife. They (My wife family) are very very poor and live in a bosti Address: 70/H/8 Manicktolla Main Road, Kolkata – 700054, Beside 5 Star Club, my mother see 1st time and she arrange my marriage, and Mother told me they are very poor so what? After marriage she is my family member, believe me not a single word is wrong. Before marriage my family not see my wife’s family, now we understand/also see that she’s family are very bad. My wife, she’s family and the boy they are misusing this law. Now my wife’s family understands all the affair matter. But my wife still now not agree she wants to marry to the boy. My wife left our only solitary daughter to me who is 4 years old having severe "Ashtama Disease, depends on INHEALER, here political Hide & seek game is going on & the father of the parents (THE FATHER OF THE BOY WHO HAS ILLICIT RELATIONS WITH MY WIFE) are rich, so they are spending money to everywhere with a view to be escaped. Now I decided that I’m not taken back my wife. I take a lawyer his name Mr. Kamelash Nandi. I don’t know what happened next? Now I went to punishment the boy. If possible please help me. Please investigate the matter and relief/save me and my family. And . My wife given me U/s. 125 Cr. P. C. Case NO.167/2009, date 16/12/2009. 1st Class Judicial Magistrate at Sealdah. 1st court date is 15/01/2010 done, 2nd court date is 12/02/2010 done. Next court date is 26/02/2010. I attend but judge toll that order is ready, you take the order at 01/03/2010, done Next date I don’t know now.
Thanks
Dear Sir/Madam,
Actually I’m 100 percent victim, so I went to knowing my matter all the Indian and others. I write my matter to our local P.S., Local Councilor, all M.P., M.L.A., Minister in W.B. and Other States, C.M. in W.B., CBI Department, CID Department, All the I.P.S. AND I.A.S. OFFICERS. Governor in W.B, and President in India. P.M. in India, National/International Human rights department, AAP KI KACHEHRI – KIRAN KE SAATH, Kolkata Police, and all police officers in W.B., my nation, all of the news channels, and all press, and many more, (anybody can’t help me/proper investigation/do not take any action/I think they all are sleeping WHY?) absolutely you also, I think you can help me, so I write to you. I’m Punishment + harassment Without Crime.
I hope you would care to me, your prompt action shall be highly appreciated.

With kindest regards,
Dipak Kumar Adhikari
Tegharia(Dhali Para),NandanKanan. P.S.: Baguiati.
P.O. Hatiara. Kolkata-700059 Email: dipakadhikari_59@yahoo.com PH. 9836149983
W.B. India.