Sunday, March 23, 2008

Myth about Communism

In this post I have tried give an analogy about the thought porcess of present day "Commies".

Once there was a well dressed person going around the streets of the Moscow. He was wearing a suit, tie and as any westerner wore a hat too. When he was wandering around the street he came across workers who were repairing the roads, the well dressed person found that the working condition were pathetic, there were no proper tools nor any protection for the workers and the workers were in a very bad shape. He came near to the workers and introduced himself, " I am Karl Marx, I see that your working condition is pathetic, why not ask your head for proper tools and proper protection equipments"

For which the worker replied:" Yes we constantly make requests to our head but he hardly cares about it. By the way you said, you are Karl Marx? I cant believe you are Karl Marx and you can never be, as he will be dressed like one of us and you look healthy which means that you cant be Karl Marx"

For which Karl Marx replied:"Yes, I am Karl Marx, I am the one who propelled the cause for the proletariat. I am trying hard, to uplift all of you to my status and not the other way round".

I guess this is exactly what many "commies" should try to understand. The communist party should uplift the social status of the working class and thereby attaining equality rather bringing the upper class people to the working class level.

I would like to thank Dara bayat, my colleague during my masters who gave this interesting analogy while we were discussing Communism:Past, present and Future.

2 comments:

Alan Smithee said...

Like some wise man said Capitalism is the unequal distribution of wealth, communism is the equal distribution of poverty.

A Random Traveler said...

But, can you quote atleast one place/time frame where in communism got implemented ??

Just curious